Here's how the morning went:
- I woke up at 4:45 AM, afraid I was late already.
- Stayed in bed until 5:15 AM.
- Got ready.
- Got (notice I did not say "woke") Blake up at 6:00 AM and moved him to the couch.
- Watched TV on the couch with Blake until 6:30 AM, trying to wake him up.
- Turned TV off at 6:30 AM (the strategy being that it was at the end of a show and before the commercial for the next one!)
- Helped Blake get dressed in his uniform. (He was awake by this time and getting excited.)
- Brushed teeth; fixed hair.
- Took umpteen pictures at home.
- Left home at 7:05 AM.
- Drove 35 minutes to school. (Blake was nearly asleep again by the time we got there.)
- Blake was the second child at the Kindergarten door. Yea! (Please note that this was a big deal for the routinely late Kirby family. No, really. Everyone noticed and made comments!)
- Made more pictures...remember the excitement in the above picture?
- Me: How was your first day? (image my excitement, OK?)
- Blake: Good.
- Me: What was your most favorite part of the day?
- Blake: Everything.
- Me: What was your least favorite part of the day?
- Blake: Nothing.
- Hmmmm....
- Me: Who did you play with on the playground?
- Blake: Huh?
- Me: Did you play with everyone?
- Blake: Yep.
- Me: Did you eat all your lunch?
- Blake: I ate the chicken nuggets, but there weren't any fries. You were wrong.
- OK........
If I hear any exciting news about tomorrow's day, I let you know. Otherwise, just assume his day was, "Good."
P.S. I did hear something from Blake later tonight that cracked me up. Of course, I was pumping him for more information about his day and I made some comment about playing with his friends on the playground. Here's his response: "Well, Mom, you know I am pretty popular at school." with the most serious look on his face. I just turned my head (to keep from laughing in his serious, little face) and replied, "I'm glad you have a lot of friends." Oh, Lord, where did he learn that word? Do I have to deal with the "popular/non-popular" thing already? And, how am I supposed to do that if I know NOTHING about his day? Help!

2 comments:
Too Funny! I still can't believe he started kindergarten! You know mom never carpooled with anyone because she wanted that time in the car to talk to us about our day - and your conversation with sounds pretty familiar! Is that just boys or what? Mary Mac can't wait to tell me every second of her day (at least for now)!
CAN'T BELEIVE YOU GOT HIM UP AND READY BY 7:00 AM. I WOULDN'T HAVE BELEIVED IT HAD I NOT SEEN IT. WE ENJOYED OUR VISIT AND PARTICULARLY MEETING SOME OF THE OTHER KIDS PARENTS AND YOU AND TYLER'S FRIENDS. YES, CONNIE DROVE BOTH TO SCHOOL FOR YEARS. MOSTLY BECAUSE TYLER WAS LEFT BEHIND ONE DAY IN THE FIRST GRADE BY ANOTHER CAR POOL MOM AND THAT WAS IT! NO MORE CARPOOL. I BET TYLER CAN REMEMBER HER NAME TOO!
Post a Comment