I am not happy. This morning, it looked like Fay was going to go away, or at least not be a big deal for us. I calmed down and stopped worrying. Now, it looks like we're going to see a Cat 1 hurricane AND be on the east side of the stupid thing. Logically, I know we're not in any trouble...just headed for some inconveniences. Emotionally, I'm a nervous wreck. And anyone who knows me, knows that I don't like not knowing what's going on. And since this is our first hurricane, and I'm clueless...well, just imagine how much fun I am to live with right now.
We're doing all the "hurricane" things: moving in all the outside furniture and potted plants; laying down the basketball goal; washing all our clothes and towels; stocking up on water, bread, peanut butter and jelly, fruit, batteries, etc.; filling up our gas tanks; charging our cell phones; trying to remain calm (that's my task, specifically). Of course, Tyler thinks I'm nuts. Maybe between the both of us, there will be some kind of balance!
It's supposed to start getting ugly on Tuesday morning and be almost to us by 2 PM Tuesday afternoon. If it is a Cat 1, I think that Hector and Karen will have to evacuate. We don't have to evacuate until a Cat 5. If they have to leave, they will come here. I'm sure they'll hate it, but I think it'll make it easier for me to have some veterans in my house. That's all I know for now. I've got to go start moving the lanai furniture into the house...it's going to get crowded!
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Molli, after living in Mobile growing up, I know that it can be frightening. But the good news is that you know it is coming and that you can prepare. When you lived up here, tornado's were very seldom annouced and accurate so it was hard to prepare. Yes, hope that Karen and Hector come over. It helps to have company. I remember one time when I was in junior high in Mobile our whole family along with about 50 other families spent about two days at the church basement. We had a ball. So get batteries, food, water, games and just hang on. Oh, one more thing that Mimi and Papa always did is collect water in the bathtubs so that you can use this too. Can't remember but I think they used it to flush the toliets???? Does that sound right?
We will be there in one week, one day. Can't wait.
I was thinking about you this morning when I saw the path forecast and they had Tarpon Springs as one of the areas that was under a watch! Hope it's not too bad. Oh, and I keep forgetting to tell you that I finally figured out what I was doing wrong with my sewing machine - just call me a dummy! I was forgetting to let the foot/plate (or whatever that thing is called) down! I definitely need lessons!!!!
Post a Comment