This book is the first of the Twilight Saga by Stephanie Meyer. The title is, of course, Twilight. And it's amazing! I started this book around midnight on Saturday night and read until 3 AM. Then I woke up around 8 AM and started reading again. I read off and on all day on Sunday and finished it last night around 11 PM. And don't think it's a short book. It's not. I just couldn't put it down!
It's a modern tale of a family of good vampires. By good, I mean that they don't hunt humans...the "father" figure is even an ER doctor. The main characters are two 17-year olds...a vampire boy and a human girl. They meet in high school and fall completely in love. I don't mean the goofy, teeny-bop kind of love, either. Here's what the back cover says...
"About three things I was absolutely positive. First,Edward was a vampire. Second, there was a part of him-and I didn't know how dominant that part might be-that thirsted for my blood. And third,I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him."
Interested yet? You should be! When I tried to explain the book to Tyler, he said, "So, it's a chick book with vampires?" Yep, but it's sooooo much more.
And, Bridgett, if you're reading this, Tyler says thanks A LOT for telling me about these books. He and Blake can only be ignored for so long. He was "thrilled" to hear that there were three more of these books for me to read...this week!

No comments:
Post a Comment