In both eyes? YES!
Well, Blake had his second swim team practice today. (Had a tennis lesson yesterday, so no swim practice.) He was in the pool from 3:50 PM until 4:30 PM for practice with the coaches. This is really a swim lesson. They are working on strokes, kicks, and diving. Then, right after practice, most of the kids (mostly boys) moved from the lap pool to the "small" pool to play. Imagine, oh I don't know, 15 boys under 6 hitting the pool at the same time...all with the idea to do cannonballs off the side, splash, swim, kick, and grab at each other as much as possible. I was a nervous wreck! Blake, on the other hand, had a great time. He swam and played until 5:00 PM, only to come home and swim with Tyler until I got dinner ready for him around 6:00 PM.
He was so tired he couldn't even eat. No kidding! He ate two bites of mac-n-cheese and drank two cups of milk. Then he went straight to the shower, watched a quick TV show (while laying on me), and then to bed for a story. He was asleep by 8:45 PM! I know, I know, it's not early for most kids, but for Blake, this is amazing. (Don't forget that night-owl Tyler is his dad...Blake gets it honestly.)
And, guess what? We're going to do it all again tomorrow! Maybe he'll be asleep by 8:30. I love swimming! Too bad I'm not the one actually doing it...

1 comment:
This is so great for Blake. I always felt like keeping Leigh and Tyler soooo busy after school with activities kept them out of trouble and getting with the wrong crowd. Maybe Blake is going to be a olympic swimmer instead of tennis or golf. Or maybe he will be all three (along with being the smartest in his class. Hope you are having fun watching him with all the other Moms. This is some of the best times I had.
Post a Comment