First, Tyler got funny shoes. Funny shoes? Yep, funny shoes...as in weird, strange, outside of the norm...that kind of funny. And, yes, they do make you laugh. If you know Tyler at all, you are not surprised in the least. I was only surprised that someone actually MADE the goofy things. But, as soon as Tyler spied them, I knew it was a forgone conclusion that I would be picking them up out of the floor someday soon. Tyler swears that other people in the hospital are wearing them now. What scares me is that Tyler was actually a trendsetter. Yikes!
In the middle of January, Blake and I joined our friends at the zoo. The animals were just OK (really, how exciting can they be?) but the wind tunnel and kettle corn were outstanding! Of course, they had to see just how many kids would fit in the tunnel (the little slip of a boy in red hidden just outside the door of the tunnel was an innocent passer-by. I caught the picture just as he was being "helped" into the tunnel.) Are you a little bit jealous that they're only wearing hoodies...in JANUARY???

Lastly, Tyler and Blake got to visit the penalty box to see the players warm up before one of the games. One of the players (Downey, I think) and one of the refs each game Blake a puck. Pretty cool, huh? (And, yes, they made him wear a helmet during warm-ups. This mama was happy to see that!) Hockey has become the second-most watched sport in our household...right behind Alabama football, of course.

No comments:
Post a Comment