Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy Christmas and Merry New Year!

If you could only hear Tyler's voice when he says this line from Trading Places. The best is when Blake tries to mimic him! I'll have to remember to let Blake see this movie...in about 10 years.

Did you make any resolutions for the new year? I'll admit that I haven't put a lot of thought into it myself. Not because I don't need to change anything, but because of the trickle-down effect that resolutions bring. Do you know what I mean? I resolve to exercise more, which leads to finding more time, which leads to being better organized, which leads to getting rid of the clutter, which leads to cleaning out all the closets, which leads to just throwing up my hands and resolving to eat less!

Anyway, I was scrolling through some of the blogs I check in on regularly (by the way, Leigh, where have you been?) and saw one resolution that is perfect for me. Courtesy of Fashion Pulse Daily (I really hope she doesn't mind!), here it is:

I will not buy crap I don't need.

This is perfect for every aspect of my life. It applies at the mall, the bookstore, the grocery store, you name it! Also, if I don't buy crap I don't need, then I don't have to find room to store it, which means my closets can stay just as over-flowing as they are now. Whew! (Just skated by having to clean them out, didn't I?) I anticipate this resolution will be harder than it appears. There's a fine line between needing something and wanting something, so I'm really going to have to pay attention.

I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas and exciting New Year's Eve. Here's to 2010!

1 comment:

Leigh Collins said...

I know I've been a huge slacker in posting - my resolution is to post more often for the girls to read later! But, never fear, I've still been reading! Happy New Year!!! Love you all!