Do you remember hearing this song a few months ago? I realized then that it PERFECTLY described Blake's attitude to shoes. Wonder where he got that? He's on his 3rd pair of tennis shoes for this school year...3 pairs in 8 months. Is that a record?
Starting with the second pair, Blake wanted pictures of them before they got dirty. I played along because...well, I guess because it was cute and I knew they would stay white for about 3 seconds. (The mulch on his playground at school is that grey, rubberized stuff. The color rubs off on everything!) Anyway, here's how they looked in January:
I noticed last week that they were literally falling apart. The stitches were coming out, the tread was non-existent, and they were the exact grey color of the mulch. Yuck! At least we got our money's worth out of them. (Target shoes are super cheap, but clearly are not meant for abuse!) Check them out today:
So Blake and I did our very favorite thing to do...go shoe shopping! And when the trip is all for him, look out! He picked out several different styles, tried them all on, raced around the store to see which ones were the fastest, and finally settled on the "coolest" ones:

FYI, he went from a size 12 in January to a 13 1/2 in March!
P.S. OK, so I know you might not be all that interested in Blake's shoes, but thanks for bearing with me. Clearly, this post is for me and my memories!

1 comment:
I so am interested in everthing concerning Blake. I also noticed when he was here in Feb that his feet looked SOOO big. Not our baby boy anymore.
Post a Comment