Tuesday, June 17, 2008

the Yeas! Boos! and Yucks! for the last two weeks




Where did the days go? I have been wanting to post a message to catch everyone up with our goings-on, but have just now found the time. What have we done since Blake's birthday? Here's the short list:

Our whole family (well, minus Byron and Ella) arrived on May 30th. Yea!

We had Blake's birthday party on May 31st. Yea!

We hung out around the house and swam in the pool all day on June 1st. Yea!

My abbreviated family went home on June 2nd. Boo! Also, Anna started throwing up that day. Yuck!

Connie, Leigh, and I took the kids to the Lowry Park Zoo in Tampa on June 3rd. Yep, the picture is from that day. To think, I made it all the way to 35 without ever riding a camel. No one threw up. Yea!

We hung out around the house and stayed in the pool again all day on June 4th. Yea!

Leigh, Sam, Tyler, and I took Mary Mac and Blake to the Magic Kingdom at Disney on June 5th. We saw Mickey and Minnie. Mary Mac met Cinderella, Belle, and Aurora. Blake rode Big Thunder Mountain and loved it. Yea!

Tyler's family went home on June 6th. Boo! That was right after Mary Mac started throwing up. Yuck!

I got sick from June 7th thru June 10th. No stomach problems. Yea! Just a really bad sinus infection. Boo!

We went to Longboat Key for one of Tyler's conferences from June 12th thru June 15th. (I spent the 11th and 12th just trying to get all the clothes washed and packed). Blake and I had a lot of fun between the pool and the beach. Yea! Tyler had to sit thru lectures. Yuck!

Today's June 17th. We have finally gotten on what should be our summer routine - swim team practice in the morning, lunch, veg out in front of the TV, run errands, clean house, wash clothes, dinner, bedtime. We'll throw in a few Swim Team Meets and tennis lessons here and there. Anyway, now you're caught up.

Melanie - I didn't forget your birthday...I just forgot to call! Happy Late Birthday, Old Woman! Hope you had a good one.

3 comments:

Connie said...

I cant believe all that we did in that week. Already miss yall. Can't wait to come back.

Melanie said...

Missed my updates! Yes, I have joined the club of 35ers and believe Tyler will be joining very shortly. I am feeling it these days. Had the summer sinus/cold crud myself. I believe that constitutes a yuck by your standards :)

Glad you and your family had so much fun. The camel ride looks interesting! You and Blake have definite looks of....well, distress maybe? Not sure if you are falling off or hanging on for dear life! However, I am sure it was a blast! Talk to you soon.

Leigh Collins said...

Wow! What a crazy few weeks! I mean, I know how crazy it felt actually living it, but reading it made it feel much worse! Glad you all are back on a regular schedule too - so nice! Will you send me the pics from the zoo?