Monday, June 30, 2008

Blake's trip to the dentist

Yep, that's right. Blake made his first visit to his Florida dentist this afternoon. He was the perfect patient, according to the hygienist. He went to the back, had his teeth cleaned, got x-rays, and saw the dentist...all without me. They did let me peek, though. He was just hanging out in the chair, sunglasses on, mouth opened wide, getting his teeth cleaned.

I'm very proud of him! His very first visit ever was where my mom works...that one went well, too, but I wondered if it was because it was where his JiJi worked. Apparently not. I'm thrilled to know that "going to the dentist" is no big deal to him, very much unlike his daddy. I'm also thrilled to say that he got a good report--no cavities. However, there are some "spots" we have to watch. Aren't there always?

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm glad someone's experience at the dentist is good! Annabelle has been three times and has yet to actually have her teeth cleaned. Oh, we've tried! I am sure Annabelle's complete come-aparts have horrified many a parent and child patient. Funny thing is...on the way there you would think we were going to Disney World. Guess not!?!

Connie said...

so glad you have found a dentist down there that you like and Blake. Do you think they would see a "daddy" Maybe Blake could show Tyler how to do it.