Thursday, June 19, 2008

things I never thought I'd say...

I knew that I'd start speaking a new language after becoming a parent, but the reality of it hit me this morning. One little phrase, spoken ever-so-normally, really brought it all home for me, so I thought I'd share. Tell me, does anyone else say these things?
  • Move your nunchucks, please. (the phrase that prompted this post, spoken while trying to buckle Blake into the car)
  • Which button makes me jump? (said when playing Lego Indiana Jones on XBox)
  • Which button makes me hit the bad guys? (XBox, again)
  • I didn't know there was a White Ranger? When did he show up?
  • Is that alien a good guy or a bad guy?
  • No, you may not take a sword into the grocery store.
  • You can take one tinker-toy weapon into the grocery store.
  • Yes, that's a cool weapon you made.
  • Don't pick your nose in public.
  • Public, not Publix!
  • Just how did he become the Avatar?
  • Just try to go pee!
  • What's the difference between a pokemon and a digimon?
  • Camp Rock premieres tonight on Disney. Yea! (so, so, sad)
I know there are a lot more. I'll try to add some more later once I realize I'm speaking nonsense again.

1 comment:

Connie said...

As smart as you are it "warms my heart" to know that you can actually speak these phrases and then understand them. What make me wonder if how can I understand them also? Many years ago with his Dad?????