We had non-refundable Cirque de Soleil show tickets, Nick Hotel reservations (past the cancellation time-frame), and a call-free weekend for Tyler. You know what that means, right? Yep, someone's going to get sick.
During the course of Friday afternoon, Blake had eaten an entire bag of popcorn...by himself. Popcorn always upsets my stomach, which is why I only eat a little bit at a time. It had never seemed to bother Blake before, so I wasn't concerned. Fast-forward to 2:45 AM. Blake woke me up saying his stomach hurt "really bad." Great. I got in bed with him and he squirmed and groaned and moaned and complained when I touched his stomach. Not good...Tyler was consulted...more stomach probing...appendicitis? It was 3:40 AM on the Saturday that we were going out of town, so that was a definite possibility.
By 3:50 AM, I knew we were in the clear, because (yay for me!) most of the popcorn found its way up and out of Blake's tummy. Problem solved. Whew. Except that, now, Blake and I were "sleeping" on the couch together. The last time I looked at the clock, it was 5:00 AM. We were supposed to leave at 10:30 AM and I still hadn't packed (or slept)...not happening!
As it was, we did manage to leave at a reasonable time and arrived at the Nick Hotel with plenty of time to enjoy the pool. Our room wasn't ready, but I knew ahead-of-time that we could use the pool while we waited. I had made sure to pack all our swim suits in a separate bag to make changing easy (imagine a pat-on-the-back here). Riiiiight. I left the bag at home. No problem...the boys played in the Nick Arcade while I got us into our room and found swim suits at the gift shop. A couple of new suits later (no way I was buying and wearing a suit from SpongeBob) Blake and Tyler were off to the pool! I am happy to report that we got the crown-jewel of rooms from the Nick Hotel...a SpongeBob room! That just means that SpongeBob scenes were glued to Blake's bedroom walls, instead of other various Nick characters. (People actually reserve these stupid rooms, and pay extra for them! We just lucked into ours.) All I can say is thankfully it wasn't Dora!
Later on, we made our way to Downtown Disney to eat at Bongo's Cuban Cafe (soooo good!) and to see Cirque de Soleil's La Nouba. The show was fantastic! Blake was a little nervous at first (the music was a little dark), but he quickly settled in for the show. La Nouba is Cirque de Soleil's circus show...complete with clowns, acrobats, tight-rope walkers, strong-men, etc. We loved it! If you get a chance, definitely see it!
We had a character breakfast on Sunday morning. (Love my puffy eyes! Can you tell that I hadn't slept well for the past two nights?) Blake and Tyler made one more quick trip to the pool before we left...just in time to see the mass-sliming. I caught it on video. What did I do while they swam? People watched, of course! I can honestly say that ALL WALKS OF LIFE can definitely be found at the Holiday Inn they call the Nick Hotel...for the "Slime" of their lives. (the hotel's catch-phrase, not mine) Would I go again? I don't know...maybe?

3 comments:
What a funny weekend and your description "cracked me up". Aren't vacations fun. Wish we could have been there. See yall in a couple of weeks.
Looks like your older son (Tyler) was having as much fun as Blake. Glad you guys had fun. See you soon!
Actually the second post was from Pop and not Connie.
Post a Comment