Friday, May 1, 2009

Well, he's moving on up...

Did you start singing the Jeffersons theme song? Hope so! I've been humming it to myself since this afternoon...

Big news!!! Blake moved up a level in his tennis Junior Development Program to Bronze! Let me translate: Blake moved up from the Copper-level tennis classes at our club to the Bronze-level classes. (The levels are Tots, Copper, Bronze, Silver, and Gold.) They actually make a pretty big deal about advancing through all the levels, which I like. Blake had to take a "test" today, and pass, in order to move up. Thanks to Emily, his coach, he did it!


Honestly, I was not prepared for him to be ready for this test yet. When Connie and Hal were here a couple of weeks ago, they got to watch a clinic and a private lesson. Of course, they thought he was great...really improving...but I chalked that up to good, old-fashioned, bias. Turns out they were right. When Emily got Blake alone in his private lessons, he really paid attention and started making improvements. Apparently enough for her to suggest that he should try-out a Bronze-level clinic. So, he did, and he liked it...A LOT! We scheduled his Copper test for today...poor thing, he was exhausted after May Day (see previous post) and three straight days of tennis after school. Fortunately, he's half Tyler, so he did very well...and he's half me, so he only complained a little bit. And, to think I almost yanked those private lessons for myself!


P.S. I have two more short videos of the test, but Blogger is having a problem uploading them. UGH! Until I can figure it out, enjoy this one!

1 comment:

Connie said...

He is so much better than even a couple of weeks ago. So glad he likes tennis. It was great for Leigh and Tyler when they were growing up. It is a sport you can play for a life tiem. Wish Tyler had more time to play now.