Friday, May 1, 2009

Happy May Day, Y'all!


Are you as excited as Blake looks? Probably not. Just look at that face...he was busting with excitement! Why? Because he got to dance WITH A GIRL at the May Day Celebration as his school today. And, we're not even on Cootie Alert! He has definitely grown up a little this year...I'm so proud.

The Kindergarten classes danced the "Mexican Hat Dance" this morning. They were adorable, as you'll soon be able to see for yourself. I remember learning this dance as a kid. Only, I don't remember it being quite so long. I videoed forever, and they were still going strong. I thought that breaking the dance up between two videos would be my best chance at getting one of them to upload to the blog. When you watch, just know that they had been dancing about 3 minutes by this point.

To help you find Blake, he's wearing a red shirt and plaid (!!!) shorts with brown slip-on shoes (we were channelling Pop and Papa). And, yes, he's pretty adorable. Diana (his dance partner) should be so lucky to have snatched him!

1 comment:

Connie said...

hey he got some moves. Did he pick out his own outfit? Too cute. Love the clap. Such a boy clap.