Blake and Tyler had their first T-Ball practice yesterday afternoon. T-Ball is really for the under-6 crowd, but I think Tyler is more excited about it than Blake. I offer this for proof:
How many times have you EVER heard me talk about Tyler getting Blake ready for school? None, never, nada.
Blake's practice started at 4 PM yesterday, which was a typical surgery day for Tyler. Luckily, he finished early...we even had lunch together. He normally doesn't get home until after 5 PM. Those must have been the quickest surgeries ever! I wonder...was he a blur in the OR?
Anyway, Blake and I get home from school at 3:30 PM, knowing we needed to leave by 3:45 PM to make it to practice on time. I knew it was going to be a mad-house trying to get Blake changed and everything (glove, bat, ball, Tee, snacks, water) in the car. Surprise! Tyler had Blake's practice clothes (with a choice of two different shirts and ball caps!), socks, and cleats all laid out waiting for Blake. Tyler was already dressed for practice himself and he had already put all the practice gear in his car. This never happened for soccer! Tyler even took care of the after-school/before-practice snack, got Blake loaded into his car, and drove him to practice. I followed and by the time I got to the field, they were already out there, throwing and fielding balls. I stayed until practice was over and left the two of them still on the field playing catch. I had to attend Blake's Lower School Open House that night and get the low-down about his school work from his teacher. Was Tyler interested in that? Not really. Am I surprised? Not really, either. Am I completely amused? Absolutely!
I got home from the Open House to find Blake fed, showered, and already asleep in his bed. Tyler warned me then that he would probably not make it to many Tuesday afternoon practices. Yeah, right!
As for me, I'm starting to wish that every night was a T-Ball practice night...

3 comments:
Okay - how do you do it again? I read all of this updates about t-ball and swimming and junior league and just hope my kids never grow up! Blake is a smart little thing. Again, look at his parents!
Oh, how cute does Blake look playing t-ball?! I so wish we lived close so that we could make it to moments like these! I am also very (and I mean VERY) impressed that not only did Tyler handle the before practice "stuff" but he was also fed, bathed, and in bed when you got home! Is Sam rubbing off on him? Isn't it wonderful???
WOW, and I mean WOW!. Blake looked so cute. Wish you had gotten a picture of "coach kirby". I know that if he can he will be at all the practices. He had a good example in his Dad (not the feeding, bathing, putting to bed part), but the making it to practice. Wish we were there.
Post a Comment