Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Should I feel guilty?

Want to hear how we spent our day?

Blake and I went to a $1 movie this morning with friends to see Shrek 3. That's right...$1 for each ticket! They play old kids' movies every Wednesday throughout the summer. It was packed, by the way. After that, we all went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch. Which really means that the moms ate while the kids (4 of them) played in the play-place until we called them in to eat. What a beautiful thing...an indoor play-place behind (I swear it has to be) sound-proof glass. Bliss! After lunch, we all walked next door to by makeup at Walgreens. My friends Shena and Robin had been interested in mineral makeup but couldn't use the same kind I do for various reasons. We had been investigating this and found some new stuff that we could buy at Walgreens - Physician's Formula. It costs half as much as the stuff I use and it looks good on! We were all laughing about "recession" makeup. (Did I mention their husbands work in the financial markets? I'm learning more than I really want to know about that world. I was much happier when I didn't know to be worried.) Later on tonight, we all met up again to enjoy Family Fun Night for the swim team at our club. It was a pasta night...no cooking for me! Then we came home to play Star Wars Legos on the XBox. I'm addicted, but that's for another post.

That was our day. Tyler had a full clinic, left the office at 6:15 PM, missed Family Fun Night (the pasta wasn't that good anyway), came home to cook his own dinner, played XBox with us, then read part of a chapter book to Blake.

Who's day was better? Yeah, I should really feel guilty...

1 comment:

Connie said...

Hey, I remember those days when you drove to Tuscaloosa with a crying infant, worked all day, drove home with a crying hungry baby to end up by yourself cause Tyler was on call. I think you more than deserve days like this. Miss and love you. Sorry Tyler had to miss family nite. I know he wants to be with you guys too.