Thursday, January 8, 2009

Peanuts, peanuts, everywhere!

I think I have made it very well known, on many occasions, just how much I hate styrofoam packing peanuts. To me, they are a necessary evil...the important word being "evil". Tyler (and anyone else who hears me in all-out rant) just rolls his eyes, and Blake thinks I'm crazy. Blake thinks they're fun to play with...and therein lies the root of my dislike. Think I'm uptight? OCD? A neat freak? I don't care! I agree with Bolt (you know, from the recent Disney Pixar movie), that those awful things should be avoided at all costs...they take away your powers! (what powers? I don't know...apparently my power to have rational thoughts about the stupid things for starters! Just think, I may have been able to fly if those things hadn't been invented.)

Here's how Blake enjoys them...(notice the small toys on the back flap; remember those.)


Which led to my explaining that he was responsible to picking up every peanut that got dumped out of the box. Want to know how many that was?

While Blake had made good progress in emptying the box, I will truthfully tell you that I was responsible for finishing the job. Why? Because Blake lost some of those toys I mentioned earlier while playing in the peanuts, and they came apart into six VERY SMALL pieces. I tried my best to find them digging through the peanuts, but (powers gone!) was unsuccessful. We had two choices: either throw them away with the box of peanuts, or dump the rest of them out. My only requirement was that Blake had to pick up each and every one of the stupid things. Did he understand? Oh, yes, Mommy. Did he REALLY understand? Hah! It took him 1 1/2 hours, eventually with a shop vac and Tyler's help, to get them all picked up. My favorite quote was, "Why do you have to take a picture of the sad times?"


All ranting aside, thanks Pop and Gran for sending Blake his Christmas presents. He loved getting them again!

1 comment:

Connie said...

You are so welcome. Sorry for the peanuts though. Loved Blake's comment about taking his picture.