Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Blake's school work

This is Blake's first written story! Or, the first one he's brought home, anyway. Can you see it well enough to read? I took at least 8 pictures of this, trying to get one clear enough, and this was the best one. Here's what it says:

"My dinosauris red. heisin met etr. and my dinosaurs name is ray."

Here's how Blake read it to us: "My dinosaur is red. He is a meat eater. And my dinosaur's name is Ray." Blake told me that his teachers didn't help him with the spelling; he just sounded out the words to himself and wrote them down.

Pretty good for a five-year old, huh?

3 comments:

Connie said...

I am very impressed. Can't believe how good he is writing.

Melanie said...

ell, again, he has a good gene pool. I don't expect any less. What an awesome little boy. He is excelling at so much it is hard to believe he is only 5. Hope you guys are doing well. Miss you.

Melanie said...

Okay, so some spelling issues. Apparently, my 30 extra years didn't help me too much, huh?