
Has it really been so long since I've posted anything to this blog? Well, that should tell you how our lives have been since school started...BUSY! I'll (hopefully) get to all our goings-on in later posts, but I wanted to share this little quickie...
A few weeks ago, Tyler took Blake to another NHL game with the stipulation that they were staying the whole game. In order to give them the best shot at that, Tyler had a two-point plan: 1) He called in a favor and upgraded his tickets to 2nd row seats behind the glass right by the players' tunnel and 2) He fed Blake Mt. Dew all night. More on Part 2 later...
Blake's normal MO at any sporting event is to see all the sights (which do not necessarily include the game) and eat all the food in the concourse. Naturally, I kept waiting for the phone call to say that Blake had had enough and they were heading home. Not this time! They called me on the way home after the game and Blake informed me that his new favorite drink OF ALL TIME was Mountain Dew. Immediately, Tyler soft-pedalled that statement by adding that they had really shared the drink. But after hearing about Blake's antics of pounding on the glass (they got to move to front-row seats!), yelling for the Bolts, booing the Sabers, and dancing in the aisles, I'm convinced that Blake had more than his fair share.
Again, I am reminded of some wise words that Bridgett told me when Blake was born...and I'm paraphrasing...His daddy won't do it the way you would, but Blake will be safe.
I've learned a little extra to add to this: Daddy will always be much more fun!

2 comments:
Thank you for posting, Hal and I were having "withdrawals". Want a copy of that picture too cute.
Oh how much fun!!! I can only say that he gets his love of mountain dew naturally! I can still drink one and get right in bed and fall asleep! Mimi's Coke genes must be pretty strong! Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks!
Post a Comment